Tuesday, September 15, 2009

BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG News, Kiddies. BIG News!!

So, today is a day that shall live with a glowing Ora around its date.  I am now gainfully employed at my dream job!!!

It took years of preparation, hard work, and dedication; months of crazy, difficult, inconvenient interviews; some naysayers; and far more optimism than I normally care to exhibit to make this happen; and thank GOD! 

My DREAM job, guys - not just my "this will do, but I'm still looking" job, not a job that I will bitch about, but my dream job.  The one to take me to my future.  The one that holds the rest of my career path in its hand.  It's my big kid job.  It's the whole package.  What I want to do and where I want to do it with all the bells and whistles attached (and these are the crappy bells that quit jingling after you shake them too hard, but the ones that ALWAYS work!)...

And not only do I have my dream job, but where I'm going to live is in the works with my darling friend, Shallon...  Which is a phenomenal situation for so many reasons.  1) HELLO!  I'm going to be living with a great friend!  2) Thank God we reconnected!  This makes our friendship so much stronger....  And of course, 3) We're so damn similar it's fantastic.

Everything is falling into place.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!!!! This is the job in CT, I'm assuming. Which means you'll have to come visit. What are you going to be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn technology - I just wrote you a fantastic comment back :-p

    Anyway, thanks for the congrats!

    You've assumed correctly, it is the job in CT - it's at Stanley Works with the Leadership Program; so I'd be working as a research analyst and also getting the education to get my professional certifications... Super exciting!

    And since you just happen to be in my favorite city and a million hours closer, you'll probably grow tired of me :-p

    ReplyDelete